I am Arun Manivannan and I write code – code with which I am going to make that little dent in the universe. I am perpetually curious about new technology, software, big data, food and basically anything new or things I found new. I love creating new software and Bank of America pays me for the ones I create during the day. In this blog, you’ll find my thoughts on things that fancies me most - programming, technology, gadgets and life.
I was raised in Chennai (Madras), a beautiful city with warm people in the Southern part of India. I currently stay in the friendly and creepily clean Singapore.
My professional experience has centered around programming, analysis, design and architecting Enterprise Java applications in Telecom and Investment Banking organizations.
I love showing off to my friends and since all my friends are geniuses, everyday is a real challenge. I love and enjoy my craft and therefore I sharpen my skills on my free time. My personal projects are scattered over github, google code and formatted harddrives. I recently wrote a Twitter server based on XMPP PEP and PubSub and a Loggly alternative using Hadoop MapReduce and Spring.
Thought you’d never ask :
- I am happily married to Daisy Lavanya and I am the proud father of that naughty boy called Jason
- I like listening to alternative rock and anything else that makes the heart pump faster
- I love taking pictures on my DSLR even if I know I am bad at it
- Sci-fi movies - Why does any other kind of movies exist?
- I love big data and I am working hard to find somebody who would pay me to work in the cloud
- I am doing my Masters in Technology at the National University of Singapore
- I work hard and juggle time a LOT to manage my work, school and family
- I love playing badminton and could make the newcomers cry a little
You can find me on
arun AT arunma DOT com